Brunel House was a competitively secured project, in the centre of Reading, which was a logistical challenge to say the least. With Royal Bank of Scotland in occupation on the Ground, 1st and 2nd floors, we engaged the soft strip and fit out of floors 3, 4 and 5.
The works included:
- Full soft strip of all previous tenant installations.
- All new Daikin air conditioning equipment, lighting and power to each floor.
- Removal of core WC structure to achieve a benefit to the NIA. New WC block installed in a corner of the floorplate with a new shower in each floor, including modern finishes and water saving technologies.
- Exposed services in a ‘waffle’ structure slab, surfaces made good and sprayed to ensure a consistent finish.
- Major lift refurbishment including new motors, ropes, controls and a full internal refurbishment to the lift car.
- Major overhaul of the building entrance (shared by RBS) to include new glazed entrance screens, sliding doors to reception, new reception area in its entirety with modern finishes.
- Works to 2nr stair cores (shared by RBS) including new floor finishes, wall finishes, lighting.
- External works including window refurbishment, jet wash of the external façade, sprayed window frames, car park lining and external lighting.
- Roof remedial works to ensure a watertight surface and new gutters and drain pipes.