45 Folgate Street is located in Spitalfields, Tower Hamlets. The office building sits within a mix of Georgian and Victorian properties so the refurbishment was tasked to maintain this whilst modernising and expanding the existing building.
The works entailed:
- The removal of the rear elevation full height, including Lift / WC cores to all floors.
- Removal of main Roof and replacement to similar design.
- Extension to ground floor office and upper floors to rear of the building diminishing in size as they go up the building.
- Piling 50% of car park area to take new extension.
- Approx’ 45 tonnes of new steelwork installed via spider crane to rear courtyard.
- A complete refurbishment of the entire building to a category A level on all levels basement to 5th floor inclusive.
- New mechanical and electrical installation throughout (exposed services).
- Formation of a new WC / Lift core to facilitate all floors, this includes new ceilings and walls, tiling, etc.
- New lift installation to new lift shaft.
- Replacement of all external Windows and external facade cleaning.
- New fire alarm and access control system throughout.
- Green roofs to balcony areas on 3 levels.
- All new rear courtyard area complete with both hard and soft landscaping.
- New raised access flooring and decorations throughout.