The project at Stirling Square in Carlton Gardens, SW1, was extremely challenging in terms of the quality demanded of the client and the access and noise restrictions of the building and notable tenants, respectively. The works managed to progress on programme due to close liaison with the building management and tenants.
The works included:
- New office space to level 2 including all new raised access flooring, SAS ceiling installation, lighting, access doors, fire alarm.
- New decking and external lighting to balconies.
- A full refurbishment of the Ground Floor Reception area (in occupation) including new joinery, artwork, lighting and underfloor heating system.
- Full lift refurbishment to all 3nr existing lifts (phased, in occupation).
- New showers and WC facilities installed within the basement car park.
- New lift lobbies on two floors inclusive of feature artwork, tiling, ceilings, lighting and decorations.
- Close liaison with BAE Systems, KKR (investment) and CitiBank to ensure works progressed effectively and on time.
- Close control of dust and noise in communal areas.
- Strict phasing of reception area, erecting a portal within the space to ensure it was still accessible for tenants and residents at all times.
- Linking of new systems in Basement, Ground and Level 2 on to the main BMS head end.